How do you merge Realplayer RM files

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Happy Hopping

How do you merge Realplayer RM files

Post by Happy Hopping » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 am

Say I have a few RM files and wants to merge it, is there a way to do it?

I have seen some joined RM files under a signature saying "TMD joined," so I know it can be done. But how?

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:54 pm

I haven't tried these programs, but 1 or more should be able to do this.
All these programs are shareware, no payment required.
Also check the release date to get the latest program if you're after that.
The download links are almost all the way down.

Easy Joiner 3.01
Easy Video Joiner 5.21
Easy MPEG & RM Joiner 2.01
Plato Video Creator 3.16
AVI/MPEG/RM Joiner 2.00
Allok Video Joiner 2.0.2
Plato Video Joiner 4.33 (released 25-Dec-2006)

Happy Hopping

Post by Happy Hopping » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:50 am

I have been thru hell on those video joiner.

I first tried something called ALL video joiner, which didn't even support RM but I try it on WMV files.

The Audio is off by easily 5 sec.

Then I try something called Color 7 ...joiner. It creates a 22 WMV files to 200+ MB MPG, and just by joining 2 x 30 MB wmv files, it converts to 2 x 200+ MB files, and yields a 900 MB+ MPG file.

The worst part is, some of the above software overwrite a DLL file in windows and an older s/w I got won't load up, but I use it everyday (Fotocanvas). Now I most likely have to either install windows CD on top of Windows or erase the whole OS and install it from scratch.

Having said the above, since I've to re-install windows anyway, I might as well try out 2 of the above, and see what happens. Thanks for the link

jcjuul

Post by jcjuul » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:36 am

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:14 am

I manage RM files by not using them. :) I've always hated Real Player, ever since I realized that every time I used it, it was reactivating its spy-ware component. No matter how many times I turned it off, it would always come back. I haven't used it in years, and I don't know if they still do that, but fortunately the world seems to have gone away from RM, and I use Real Alternative for the places that still use it.

This rambling post proves only that I have extra time at work.

notareal

Post by notareal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:53 am

wussboy wrote:I manage RM files by not using them. :) I've always hated Real Player, ever since I realized that every time I used it, it was reactivating its spy-ware component. No matter how many times I turned it off, it would always come back. I haven't used it in years, and I don't know if they still do that, but fortunately the world seems to have gone away from RM, and I use Real Alternative for the places that still use it.

This rambling post proves only that I have extra time at work.
Real Alternative is must, if you have to use rm. Stay away of Real Player.

Happy Hopping

Post by Happy Hopping » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:26 pm

As of today, I finally manage to get my computer back up and fully functioning. There is a critical graphics software (back in 1996) that I need daily, in which after a thorough search, there is no software that can replace its function.

And I can't live w/o that software. So somehow I manage to get a stable OS running w/ the above software.

So in the future, I won't download any of the above link in my main computer. I would use my 2nd computer as a test bed for the above and see what happens. Because the ones that I try, practically said the above, but none of them works. I'll download them and check it out on the 2nd computer