#1 cause for heart failure among geeks. Waiting...

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Anvar
*Lifetime Patron*

#1 cause for heart failure among geeks. Waiting...

Post by Anvar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:30 am

... for parts to arrive. That's right folks, my new rig is arriving today, hopefully in about an hour. I'm checking the Track&Trace page of my system every 30 seconds to see if something new should have happened. I'm as excited as a kid at X-mas. To quote Eminem: "Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy." :D

What about you, do you get the same way when you're about to receive a new toy to play with?

Still breathing,
Anvar

kater

Post by kater » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:23 am

uhm, pretty much the way i feel when i order sth, even a wee gadget

avoid coffee & women now, some herbal tea might help, get pills or a shot before sleep

last time i felt really anxious was when i found this awfully cheap 2nd hand 7900gtx of mine on an auction, with 'buy now' option only, and i couldn't get thru to the guy who was selling it to ax him a few question on the phone (no such number it said) to see if there might be a catch. then i realized i dialed a wrong number :) then there was the waiting part. all in all, i felt pretty much like a kid. a nice feeling for someone 32 yo...

PopCorn

Post by PopCorn » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:28 pm

i feel like that about every computer thing i order online.... but im 17 i have an excuse

nici

Post by nici » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:20 pm

I have never bought all the parts for a system at once, except when i got my first own computer some years ago and had it built in the shop. After that i've just kind of upgraded gradually.... :lol:

Right now im waiting on some CDs and books to arrivein the mail, not that exciting. Last week a Tamiya F-350 High Lift arrived, that was slightly more exciting :)