USB KVM switch - 2 port

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DGW

USB KVM switch - 2 port

Post by DGW » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:20 pm

Anybody have one they like? I tried a D-Link, hot key switching, mouse and keyboard worked just fine. The video however, was fuzzy, and after looking at it for about two days i had to take it down and return it. The monitor is a Sony CRT, and I have a nice clear image if I plug it directly into either PC.

I just want one that will hot key switch between two computer and accept a usb mouse and keyboard. The monitor is analog, so I assume a DVI switch won't work, unless it will work with the analog to DVI converters. I have a few of those.

Anybody?

bcat

Raritan SW2-USB

Post by bcat » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:24 pm

I've been using this KVM for the last 8 months and have been very happy with it.

It has a 2 port USB 2.0 hub and audio/microphone connections that are switchable with hot keys or a front panel button. Very solid build quality and has worked flawlessly since day one. The cables are quality and I can't see any degradation to the video image. My monitor is a fairly new 21" Sony Triniton CRT.

I bought it at ProVantage for under $100.00, Switchman SW2-USB

DGW

Post by DGW » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:59 pm

I bought the Switchman. Set it up this afternoon and tried it out for a bit. It seems to work great.

Thanks for the recommendation.

bcat

Post by bcat » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:51 pm

Your welcome

Glad it worked out for you :)