Removing Creative Sound Drivers

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

AND_YOU_ARE

Removing Creative Sound Drivers

Post by AND_YOU_ARE » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:17 am

I am looking for a utility that will remove ever last occurrence of Creative's software and drivers for my Audigy 2 Ptm. I have an Asus P5B-Dlx and would like to give the on board HD Audio a shot. I have removed the software that Creative installs, and have unitstalled the card through device manager and physically removed the card. But the Creative folder sitting in C:\Program Files still has data in it, and the Creative splash screen come up after I boot into windows. So I know everything is not uninstalled and gone.

If there isnt a good driver cleaning tool, what do I do to make sure the rest of the software and drivers are gone? TIA.

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:23 am

1. Download the latest Creative drivers (http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Driv ... 9_0016.exe).
2. If you have Winzip (or similar utility) extract the file and explore inside. 3. Open the 'Drivers' folder
4. Click on 'Setup.exe'
5. Select "Driver Uninstallation" and "Delete all shared Creative audio driver files

Hopefully that does it. I'd offer to send you the file, but it's 84.3MB uncompressed.

AND_YOU_ARE

Post by AND_YOU_ARE » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:58 am

I'll give that a shot, but do you think it would still work when I have removed a decent amount of Creative drivers/apps from device manager and add/remove programs?

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:30 am

When I have removed Creative drivers registry entries were left. I used the free RegCleaner 3.2 to remove the entries. Very simple to use. Another option which may be better is the free Ccleaner which includes a registry cleaner and much more. Ccleaner is award-winning software.

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:47 am

I believe DriverCleaner had the option to deal with Creative drivers, but I just looked it up and it seems that it's no longer free.

AND_YOU_ARE

Post by AND_YOU_ARE » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 am

I did obtain DriverCleaner. It removed the Creative drives completely. Thanks for the tip.