Intel Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge Contest

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

MikeC
Site Admin

Intel Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge Contest

Post by MikeC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Funny this should come up now. Just today I found this web site from a manufacturer of ultra-high-end kitchens who, apparently is in partnership with ultra-high-end appliance manufacturer Miele: http://www.siematic.com/s1page/index_en.html

Looks like just what Intel is looking for, and is pretty impressive, in my opinion.

And Miele has had their "Remote Vision" WiFi system for appliances (!) available for a while. Now they seem to be trying to develop even more capability for it. Link for Miele Remote Vision: http://miele.com/service/remote_vision/ ... menu_id=46

This is all dazzling, technically, but, I am not sure that I want my refrigerator calling up the service guy all by itself.

colm

Post by colm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 pm

I could guess the winners circle has some crazy concept cars that never made it in the real world.

how about the contest for prescott 3400 mhz survivors and how they did it? :roll:

RoGuE

Post by RoGuE » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 pm

man.

i wish i had the time and money to participate in this. I could really design a cool modded build if I weren't so damn busy.

borkborkbork

Post by borkborkbork » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 am

Q: What if someone keeps voting over and over, how will you level the playing field?
A: Our system only allows a voter to vote once, validated by their email address.
I really hope they notice how silly that is. Email validation. Oh no.