Unofficial way to play the original WoW as a Worgen?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Fire-Flare

Unofficial way to play the original WoW as a Worgen?

Post by Fire-Flare » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:00 pm

[A concern about this post has been raised. SPCR does not condone breaking any applicable laws.]

I've never played the game and want to try it, but only after PAYING $70-100 can I play as the race that interests me most.

Anyone know a way around that?

Erelyes

Re: Unofficial way to play the original WoW as a Worgen?

Post by Erelyes » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Play on a friend's PC that has Cata?
Internet/gaming cafe?
Work for blizzard?

Those are about your only legal options...

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 pm

1) For current players that haven't bought Cataclysm:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/

"If you or a friend are currently playing Wrath of the Lich King and haven't yet experienced the content Cataclysm has to offer, you can sign up now to play a 10-day free trial version of this latest expansion for World of Warcraft.

"During your free trial, you'll undertake epic new quests, explore the reshaped and newly discovered lands of Azeroth, and see the world from a whole new perspective as one of the shape-changing worgen or crafty goblins.

"To participate, you'll need full versions of World of Warcraft and the first two expansions, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. Note that a character of at least level 78 is required to explore the new, high-level zones. More information on the 10-day free trial is available in our FAQ. We look forward to seeing you in the new Azeroth!"

2) If you haven't ever played the game, bug a friend that has the current release. There are two free trial coupons in the box.

Fire-Flare

Post by Fire-Flare » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 am

Erelyes wrote: Internet/gaming cafe?
???

Fire-Flare

Post by Fire-Flare » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:32 am

CA_Steve wrote:1) For current players that haven't bought Cataclysm:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/

"If you or a friend are currently playing Wrath of the Lich King and haven't yet experienced the content Cataclysm has to offer, you can sign up now to play a 10-day free trial version of this latest expansion for World of Warcraft.

"During your free trial, you'll undertake epic new quests, explore the reshaped and newly discovered lands of Azeroth, and see the world from a whole new perspective as one of the shape-changing worgen or crafty goblins.

"To participate, you'll need full versions of World of Warcraft and the first two expansions, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. Note that a character of at least level 78 is required to explore the new, high-level zones. More information on the 10-day free trial is available in our FAQ. We look forward to seeing you in the new Azeroth!"

2) If you haven't ever played the game, bug a friend that has the current release. There are two free trial coupons in the box.
Said trials only let you play the original WoW or require the original plus the first two expansions. Neither let beginners play as a Worgen.

mentawl

Post by mentawl » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:30 am

Fire-Flare wrote:I've never played the game and want to try it, but only after PAYING $70-100 can I play as the race that interests me most.

Anyone know a way around that?
Nope. You want the content, you gotta pay for it, unfortunately =/