reset button stuck PS07

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

toronado455

reset button stuck PS07

Post by toronado455 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 pm

The reset button is stuck "in" on my Silverstone PS07. :( I'm going to open the case to try pop it back out from the inside, but if I can't, what should I do? Disconnect the reset switch from the logicboard? :?:

mkk

Re: reset button stuck PS07

Post by mkk » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah, disconnect if it doesn't pop out. I don't know if it's easily replaced on that case but perhaps Silverstone can offer some help. Fortunately I've found the reset button to be of less practical use in later years, so it might not be missed too much.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am

I dont know about the design of your case, but some buttons can get stuck, you can try taking the front off of the case to see whats going on, otherwise just pull the wire on the motherboard as mkk says.

Andy

toronado455

Post by toronado455 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks mkk & andyb. I managed to pop it back out.

Turns out it wasn't necessary to disassemble anything (other than remove the side panel). I was able to pop the switch out from inside by pushing on the back of the switch with the point of angle tweezers. The whole switch and button as a unit popped out the front. Then I was able to re-seat it.

At first it wouldn't budge. The trick was figuring out where to push on it from behind. Pushing where the wires connect worked for me.