Death of The PC or You're Just a Consumer

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Death of The PC or You're Just a Consumer

Post by aristide1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 am

As someone with tinnitus I'd rather listen to the sounds of silence, both the original/natural version and later the Simon & Garfunkel version.

fastturtle

Re: Death of The PC or You're Just a Consumer

Post by fastturtle » Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Well what's beginning to iritate me the most is the fact the Nexus7 needs a wifi connection to do just about anything. Sure I can read a book (if it's been uploaded to Google drive or Play) or create a doc (if I have a wi-fi connection. I can't even write a damn email w/o being connected with the default Google apps. Right now, I'm wishing we'd gotten the Acer Iconia 500w (windows version) simply due to the ability to create while off-line. It also has expandable memory (standard usb ports) along with SM/MMC card slot but it's also 2x the cost of the Nexus, that has turned out to be a consumption device.

The Acer Iconia though is a true computer. Sure it's not as fast as my desktop but at least it doesn't require a net connection to create email, write notes and install software. Heck it's a true x86 computer running windows7-32 so I can install what ever I want on it (so long as it fits on the drive).