newegg, what have you done? (to your search sorting)

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

newegg, what have you done? (to your search sorting)

Post by xan_user » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 am

WTF? I was just talking with my son about how newegg's sorting function was so much better than amazon/ebay ect..

go to check the deals at newegg this am and low and behold, you can not sort SSD/HDD's by storage size any longer....even power search does not contain that option. basic search has no size option, advanced search is gone, and power search is now useless.

Edit: Just checked monitors... no more sorting by size. :evil:
And they did this just before thanksgiving...What the holy hell are they thinking?!?!? :shock:

CA_Steve

Re: newegg, what have you done? (to your search sorting)

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

They "updated" their engine last week and totally borked search. What a pita. Every computing category is missing primary search criteria.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 pm

CA_Steve wrote:They "updated" their engine last week and totally borked search. What a pita. Every computing category is missing primary search criteria.
heads should roll on this. what kind of idiot overhauls a major retail site's search function two weeks before the kick off of the holiday shopping season?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 pm

so in one of the many threads popping up from disgruntled shoppers, i see that http://www.neweggbusiness.com still has the old search function.

hopefully they only want to make the regular newegg site suck eggs (pardon the pun) like amazon, and will keep the biz site as is....

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:58 pm

update: (if anyone cares...)
just hours after i started this thread, newegg staff, -mk6-, said;
Re: Narrow Your Choices - Missing Filter Options?
Newegg.com's search functionality has been fixed! Some good and bad news though, the bad being that 'Advanced Search' is most likely not going to make a return on our site. It has been removed, and all resources have been reassigned to our new and improved 'Narrow Your Choices' feature, which brings us to the good news! The 'Narrow Your Choices' feature has been updated recently to include new improvements, and it is now working properly on our site! We apologize for any and all inconveniences that this bug has caused. Lastly, a big big thank you to everyone! Thank you for taking the time to provide your input and feedback. We really do appreciate our fans, and all of your input!! Your voices have and will continue to be heard by us, always Thank you once again!
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/3/913647/ShowThread.aspx

after a quick glance, it looks like the filtering has been magically fixed. there is no more "advanced search", just "narrow choices" and "power search", but now they appear to have useful filter options back.

-the only official response up to this point had been "im sorry, we dont have that feature."
:roll:

jeez. steve, i guess you can just delete this whole thread now. and btw, youre welcome for my getting newegg to fix that clusterfuk so fast... :lol:

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 am

xan_user wrote:jeez. steve, i guess you can just delete this whole thread now. and btw, youre welcome for my getting newegg to fix that clusterfuk so fast... :lol:
Naw, let's leave it as a shrine to incompetent programming..and I wish I had the power to get etailers to jump. :)