Can you read upside down?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Yes, easily.
7%
Yes, but with some difficulty.
36%
No, hardly at all.
No votes
Right-handed.
14%
Left-handed.
14%
Ambidextrous.
No votes
Not dyslexic.
21%
Dyslexic.
7%

Total votes: 14

Reachable
Friend of SPCR

Post by Reachable » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Haven't been here for quite some time, but I stop by to ask a question that seems to beg for an answer today.

I more or less assumed that everybody could read upside down, until one day, about thirty years ago, a housemate expressed surprise at my ability to do so. Shortly thereafter I read a novel where one of the characters was The Devil and he was able to read upside down.

I did a web search earlier and was not able to get satisfactory information. Over at Reddit, many of the positive respondents mentioned that they were left-handed or dyslexic.

Within this question must lie a tiny insight into human neurology.

Please take the poll. It allows for selecting three options.

I'm aware that the pool of respondents would likely skew towards the more literate, and also more sensitive .

Thanks.

Reachable
Friend of SPCR

Re: Can you read upside down?

Post by Reachable » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you to the poll respondents.

I realized afterwards that the poll would be of limited usefulness because I decided against using a tedious list where every possible combination of ability, handedness, and normal reading status would have its own line. Still, you can analyze it for some insights.