Should you really be reading this right now?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Do you read/post while at work or school?

Yes, in fact I am right now
63%
No, because that would be wrong.
3%
No, but I would if I could.
19%
I can't answer, the boss is coming
16%

Total votes: 32

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:33 am

Rusty075 wrote:At a former employer we all got called into the managers office to grilled for our "wasting company time" by surfing the internet and playing games on our PC's.

The manager's office had a window behind his desk, so you could see in the window a reflection of what was up on his monitor. And what incredibly important managerial task was he apparently working on just before the meeting?

Solitare.
"Do As I Say, Not As I Do" :)

We saw it when when we were kids with our parents ( and all my friends that are now parents and used to be major druggies and were f*cking like rabbits by the time they were 13 are now doing the same thing. They have to preach to their kids to "just say No", "abstinance makes the heart grow fonder" and all the other PC crap) and we've probably all seen it with our bosses/supervisors etc (2 hr long "Martini lunches", going to the cleaners on company time, surfing the web, calling the insurance company etc, etc, etc). It's just part of life.