Leadtek Ti4400 - Passive cooling

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

toonz

Leadtek Ti4400 - Passive cooling

Post by toonz » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey everyone,

Well I used to get artefacts when playing any games at all, so last night I took the plunge and pulled my heatsink off my graphics card. Ended up replacing the thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5, and the push pins holding the heatsink on with 2 bolts.
Now I can do anything I want with no problems at all, and without the 2 little high pitched annoying fans running!

So any of you with a Leadtek Ti4400, go silent!

IIVisionII

Post by IIVisionII » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:01 am

I'm glad i saw your message because I was thinking of doing the same thing by replacing it with the zalman heatisnk. Quick question for you, did you put ramsinks on it too? or did you just leave the ram with no cooling?

Also, before you did it, how hot did the stock heatsink get? Mine almost gets to the point of burning my finger...

toonz

Post by toonz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:28 am

I didn't use the Zalman heatsink, just the stock Leadtek Ti4400 one, which is the wrap-around heatsink anyway. The stock heatsink does actually contact with the ram too.

The stock heatsink still gets VERY hot to the touch, but since I've done that and bought the Antec SLK3700BQE with 120mm fans, I find the airflow in through the case is enough to keep it cool enough.

I do actually suggest using the bolts instead of the plastic clips too, better heat transfer.