Gainward GS 6800GT with an Artic cooling NV Silencer 5

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Abula

Gainward GS 6800GT with an Artic cooling NV Silencer 5

Post by Abula » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:53 am

Hi,

Im thinking on changing the the cooler on my Gainward Golden Sample 6800GT, cause the noise is to high, I have read good reviews of the Artic cooling NV Silencer 5.

Gainward comes with a software named EXPERT TOOL, which helps you OC the card and it also controls the RPM of the fan according to temperature of the card. Do you think I will be able to use it with the new cooler?

Thanks,

Artagra

Post by Artagra » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:17 pm

Gainward comes with a software named EXPERT TOOL, which helps you OC the card and it also controls the RPM of the fan according to temperature of the card. Do you think I will be able to use it with the new cooler?
Yeah, you will be able to use it with the new cooler - however, the 6800 uses PWM to control the fan, and therefore you will get the "clicking" noise from your cooler. Do a search on the forum about the VGA silencer, their are tons of threads.

Artag

Abula

Post by Abula » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Artagra,

I went and did some research, and I found the clicking noise problem, I didnt understand it fully what happens, but with the gainward expert tool software, I can leave it to be control by the temperature, or I can leave the values fixed. But I dont know if I will still hear the clicking by fixing the fan speeds.

Also how loud is the NV5 at full speed, do you think it comes near the Gainward noise?

Digitizers

Post by Digitizers » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 am

Abula,

I think this will answer your question :D

http://www.pcunleash.com/bbs/zboard.php ... view&no=36