Bending Accelero heatpipes to get it to fit smaller case

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon May 18, 2009 2:38 am

Thread revival!!! :P

Just wanted to remind people that there's an alternative to bending and it's called Accelero Twin Turbo. Pretty much a S1 with lower height and two fans, and a slightly shorter distance between the fins. I guess the fans are removable.

plympton

Post by plympton » Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 am

Mats wrote:Thread revival!!! :P

Just wanted to remind people that there's an alternative to bending and it's called Accelero Twin Turbo. Pretty much a S1 with lower height and two fans, and a slightly shorter distance between the fins. I guess the fans are removable.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Twin Turbo is just an optional double-80-mm fan assembly for either the S1 or the S2. The picture is pretty misleading, though.

-Dan

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm

plympton wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Twin Turbo is just an optional double-80-mm fan assembly for either the S1 or the S2. The picture is pretty misleading, though.

-Dan
LOL, look again. Compare this PDF with this one

Still don't believe me? Check out any of the reviews.

Finally, here's the Twin Module, maybe that's what you're talking about.

plympton

Post by plympton » Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Son of a gun! I'll eat crow on this one for sure - yeah, the old one was the Turbo Module, with 2 fans, not the new Twin Turbo cooler. Great marketing, guys! :-)

looks like it really is a smaller cooler. Would it fit in an NSK2400 / Antec Fusion?? The PDF doesn't show a height, but it looks considerably shorter than the S1/S2.

Thanks for the tip. ;-).

-Dan
Mats wrote:
plympton wrote:

-Dan
LOL, look again. Compare this PDF with this one

Still don't believe me? Check out any of the reviews.

Finally, here's the Twin Module, maybe that's what you're talking about.

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon May 18, 2009 1:44 pm

It's 35 mm lower than the S1, if you look at the link in my first post. Open the PDF, adjust the zoom until the width is 212 mm, then use a scale to check the height.
Compare with the max height in your case, measure from one of the mounting holes, or the center of the GPU. It goes 67 mm above the center of the GPU.