Philips 240PW9EB / 240PW9ES

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 am

mrB, yes, I've tried this already. It does it's job pretty well, emm, actually perfect - as far as colors are concerned (they look natural). But, unfortunately, it also pushes brightness to 100%. (Why???) And, as the manual says, if you try to hand-tune any of the settings, like brightness (lower it, so it won't hurt my eyes), the monitor will instantly exit sRGB mode. Hence, I cannot really use this mode since it is impossible for me to look at this monitor at 100% brightness level.

rlv

Post by rlv » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:16 am

I'm confused reading from specs this monitor has just one USB. What it's for? Otherwise the monitor seems to be a good choice, but I'd prefer a monitor with USB hub.

ZaphodB, could you enlighten me? Has it really just one USB?

ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:55 am

Unfortunately I no longer have this monitor; I sold it and bought 26-inch LG (still need to make a review regarding silence, though), but as far as I remember mine had only one USB port - but I am really not sure.

carlosdivega

Post by carlosdivega » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 am

Hi i'm using the 240pw9es since one year.
It's a awesome screen. To fully get it's potential, color managment is essential. I'm using Spyder 3 Studio.

One reason for me to buy this screen was the wide gamut. The other IPS panel technology.

I'm using the screen mainly for photo editing. My photo workflow is from RAW to 16Bit Tiffs in Adobe RGB. A HP Photosmart B8850 photo printer is the output device. This printer supports the Adobe color space.

So the wide gamut of the 240pw9es helps a lot to proof the prints.
The 240pw9es is close to the Adobe colorspace.

As second screen i'm using the Philips 190P. The difference in color reproduction is huge.

I use sRGB only for pics posted on the web.