Worth getting Accelero S1 Rev.2 for the silencing toolkit?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Shamgar

Worth getting Accelero S1 Rev.2 for the silencing toolkit?

Post by Shamgar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 am

I don't need high graphics power so I usually end up getting a budget passive graphics card. I've never had a problem with them overheating, but these newer cards with more and faster RAM than my 32-128MB cards seem to get much hotter. As the ambient temp's around here can get quite high, I don't want a new card to die on me suddenly.

Since an Accelero is affordable enough, is it worth keeping one in my toolkit just in case? The S1 is probably much more than I need, but seeing as the S2 isn't available and there's no difference in cost, it could be an investment, in case I ever need to upgrade to a more powerful card in future.

Ch0z3n

Post by Ch0z3n » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am

The Accelero S1 rev. 2 is a great tool, just remember to properly clean everything before you put it on and read the instructions. Some people have complained that the ram sinks wont stick. I had to reposition a few on my twin turbo; even after they were re-applied they are still very secure.

I got the twin turbo because it is smaller and I am building a case that will have height limitations. I also got it for the same price as any S1 rev 2's I could find.