Trouble with fans on accelero twin turbo ii

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zhai

Trouble with fans on accelero twin turbo ii

Post by zhai » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 am

I just got a new computer, including a gigabyte reference 560 ti.

The stock cooler + fans were ok, but not really sufficiently quiet. So I got an accelero twin turbo ii and attached instead. I put the fan connected into the header on the card, but the fans did not move when I powered on the machine, neither when I started running video intensive software (monitoring the temperature of course).

So instead, I connected the fan connector to the psu power using a 7v converter. This results in a noise level higher than the idle speed of the stock fans, though the character of the sound is better. This is not acceptable, the main thing is that I'd like to actually get the fan header on the card to work with the accelero, any idea why it's not working?

If this turns out to be impossible, I'm considering just removing the fans, strapping a slipstream 120mm instead and be done with it.

Any advice?

The rest of the system:

gigabyte z68-ud3
8gb ram
seasonic x-560
r3
2gb western digital green
intel 320 120gb
thermalright hr-02 macho
2x 120mm 800 rpm scythe slipstream (case)

zhai

Re: Trouble with fans on accelero twin turbo ii

Post by zhai » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:06 am

Oh well I ended up removing the fans from the accelero twin turbo ii and strapping 2 120mm scythe slipstream 800rpm fans onto it instead. I then undervolted the fans to 7v, so they should run with 470rpm. The result? furmark maxes out at just velow 80 degrees. And I have a little bit of trouble hearing whether the computer is actually turned on. Very satisfied!

tanassi

Post by tanassi » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:34 pm

zhai wrote:Oh well I ended up removing the fans from the accelero twin turbo ii and strapping 2 120mm scythe slipstream 800rpm fans onto it instead. I then undervolted the fans to 7v, so they should run with 470rpm. The result? furmark maxes out at just velow 80 degrees. And I have a little bit of trouble hearing whether the computer is actually turned on. Very satisfied!
I had the exact same problem. Something odd with the twin turbo II. Some say ots silent but i ended up not liking it.

Strapped on 2 Nexus 120mms with ziplocks (tiebinds) at 7v. Total quietness. Amazing, temps are 85c tops with furmark.

Same problem here, sometimes i think i have a bootfailure. It's so quiet!

Lsv

Post by Lsv » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 pm

zhai wrote:Oh well I ended up removing the fans from the accelero twin turbo ii and strapping 2 120mm scythe slipstream 800rpm fans onto it instead. I then undervolted the fans to 7v, so they should run with 470rpm. The result? furmark maxes out at just velow 80 degrees. And I have a little bit of trouble hearing whether the computer is actually turned on. Very satisfied!
May I please see pics of this?