Best sources for info on GPU noise and temperature?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

gdr

Best sources for info on GPU noise and temperature?

Post by gdr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:33 pm

I've been shopping around for a quiet high end single video card solution lately, and Techpowerup.com seems to have the best measurements on temperature and noise that I've found so far. Their formatting isn't the best though, since temperature and noise are on different pages, but the numbers so far seem helpful. Hexus.net has better layout of the information, but they seem to test GPU temperatures and noise using whatever game they have on hand, which makes it hard to make meaningful comparisons.

Are there other review sites worth looking at for similar information? There have been useful reviews of the GTX 670 and 680 on SPR, but only for two Asus card and nothing for the 660, 660 Ti, or the AMD 7900 series that I've been hoping to find.

Also any review site beside SPCR that mentions fan RPMs would be really handy, but I don't think any of them bother with such useful information.

CA_Steve

Re: Best sources for info on GPU noise and temperature?

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 am

Compilation of gfx card reviews that show noise levels. HT4U is another good source. The Tech Report is the best analyzing GPU performance.

gdr

Re: Best sources for info on GPU noise and temperature?

Post by gdr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm

I did some further research and found some somewhat useful noise comparisons on Tom's Hardware of some 7950 cards. They're useful in demonstrating that Asus and Powercolor cards are quiet under full load. But they seem somewhat biased to me. A noise test under normal gaming load would make a lot more sense.

Do any other review sites besides SPCR post audio samples of graphics cards? I've found a few other samples on Youtube, but I doubt these are well designed tests.