Arctic Accelero Xtreme + FE / Titan Xp for quietest GPU?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Notwist

Arctic Accelero Xtreme + FE / Titan Xp for quietest GPU?

Post by Notwist » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:59 am

I'm curious why nobody has suggested just sticking with the Accelero Xtreme air cooler on a founders edition for most silent solution? Is there something with the Accelero Xtreme that maybe I'm not aware of?

Abula

Re: Arctic Accelero Xtreme + FE / Titan Xp for quietest GPU?

Post by Abula » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 am

Notwist wrote:I'm curious why nobody has suggested just sticking with the Accelero Xtreme air cooler on a founders edition for most silent solution? Is there something with the Accelero Xtreme that maybe I'm not aware of?
The titanXP is a card that even high end users will pass on, its very hard to see a SPCR forum remember to go with high end gpus as they are hard to cool, and this is above that. We usually avoid reference cards, as the blowers most of the time end up as worst solutions both in noise and temperature.

I have installed an Accelero Xterme 4 on a GTX780 and work really well, but also requires a lot of work that in most cases voids your warranty, for most of us the best route is to go with an aftermarket card, given that TitanXP doesn't have aftermarket solutions, the GTX1080Ti does, so thats the reason you wont see much about Accelero. Also it takes 4 slots.