suggested pre-built

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jsa307

suggested pre-built

Post by jsa307 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:30 am

Hi I'm looking for advice on where to order a pre-built fanless PC. After a google search, the main sites seem to be endpcnoise.com and quietpc.com - does anyone have experience or suggestions regarding either site?

The prices on quietpc.com seem to run a little lower, however I'd be shipping internationally to the US- so I wonder if I'd eat up the savings in shipping costs? Also quietpc offers a 2yr warranty whereas endpcnoise only offers a 1 yr warranty- again though, I wonder if this advantage is tempered by the potential need to return the product to another country.

Any advice on where to buy, or first hand experience with either site? Thanks!

CA_Steve

Re: suggested pre-built

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:31 am

Welcome to SPCR.

Not sure if they'll build a fanless PC, but Puget Systems can probably build you an inaudible PC.

jsa307

Post by jsa307 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 pm

CA_Steve wrote:Welcome to SPCR.

Not sure if they'll build a fanless PC, but Puget Systems can probably build you an inaudible PC.
Thanks Steve- they don't appear to do fanless (although I'm sure it can get very quiet). Any experience with either of the vendors I found for the totally fanless build? or another fanless builder?

Thanks!

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 pm

jsa307 wrote: Any experience with either of the vendors I found for the totally fanless build? or another fanless builder?
Nope. Either or both have advertised on this site in the past, but I don't have any feedback on their builds. I would be reluctant to deal with return issues a continent away.

It might be worthwhile to open a conversation with Puget to see what they can do for you. My suggestion would be to start the conversation with wanting a PC you can't hear that needs a specific feature set rather than being fixated on fanless. We haven't discussed your component or application list, so I can't comment on what is a possible or practical thermal solution.