It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Is ARM ever going to offer an Athlon64 Stealth model?
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:17 am 

My order will be forthcoming as soon as they do. Has anyone heard anything definitive from them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:45 am 
Site Admin

I know they're working on it. I think they're investigating motherboards for highest reliability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:07 pm 
-- Vendor --

ChrisM wrote:
My order will be forthcoming as soon as they do. Has anyone heard anything definitive from them?

YES! your wish is our command :D ... and thanks for asking ChrisM :wink:

MikeC wrote:
I know they're working on it. I think they're investigating motherboards for highest reliability.

As usual, you are correct MikeC, :lol: Afterall, only the very best is worthy of the SPCR faithful 8) :wink:

So, I just updated this thread under the SPCR Forum 'Deals, Vendors & Classifieds' to further point out that ARM AMD Athlon64 & Athlon64-FX StealthPC's are now available for those that are interested:

:arrow: ARM Systems: StealthPCs @ Much Lower Prices + FREE Shipping!

Stevo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:19 am 

Stevo@ARM wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

YES! your wish is our command :D ... and thanks for asking ChrisM :wink:

MikeC wrote:

As usual, you are correct MikeC, :lol: Afterall, only the very best is worthy of the SPCR faithful 8) :wink:

So, I just updated this thread under the SPCR Forum 'Deals, Vendors & Classifieds' to further point out that ARM AMD Athlon64 & Athlon64-FX StealthPC's are now available for those that are interested:

:arrow: ARM Systems: StealthPCs @ Much Lower Prices + FREE Shipping!

Stevo

Awesome! Thanks Steve!

*runs off to the ARM website*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:28 am 

If you purchase an ARM PC with no OS and no Video Card, do they still run the box through a "burn-in" phase or any other testing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:02 am 
-- Vendor --

ChrisM wrote:
If you purchase an ARM PC with no OS and no Video Card, do they still run the box through a "burn-in" phase or any other testing?

Glad you asked ChrisM,

Yes indeed, every single machine we produce gets a burn-in and a QA/QC process. And, all of our StealthPC's receive a special extended burn-in which includes thermal and acoustic validation with individual attention by our top engineers. 8) This proceedure applies to all StealthPC's ordered from our Online EZ-Configurator, with or without operating system, and to systems that have certain key components which can be deleted from the configuration by the customer.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific video card that you wanted that you could not find on our EZ-Configurator? Or do you already have one that you plan on installing in a new system?

Stevo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:27 pm 

Stevo@ARM wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there a specific video card that you wanted that you could not find on our EZ-Configurator? Or do you already have one that you plan on installing in a new system?

Thanks again, Steve.

To answer your question, I plan on eventually purchasing a GeForce 6800, but to to their (A) lack of availability and (B) my somewhat limited budget, I was intending to purchase a system without a video card, installing my (now ancient) GeForce 2 GTS in the box until my budget allows for the 6800 upgrade a few months down the road.

The decision really has more to do with my budget than with what options you provide.