Ultimate Performance and Silence Machine

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

perfectpc?

Ultimate Performance and Silence Machine

Post by perfectpc? » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:21 am

Hi All

I'm a new member, and I know generally that there always is a trade-off between performance and lower noise, but I do beleive there is a holy grail of an optimal solution. Clearly I'd have to pay up rto $5000 for it, but it could be worth it (well, look how expensive cars are)

I'm trying to find either a pre-built or a customised solution, probably centered around the AMD FX53 being the quickest (and most future-proofed) CPU around for gaming.

So far, the only prebuilt I have come across that comes close is the VoodooPC Rage F-50 with an FX53 processor, but the hard drives noise seems to be a major issue and there don't seem to be any neat solutions to it.

I've thought of getting someone to build a custom solution (not sure I trust myself), but I don't know what the ideal configuration would look like.

Does anyone have any thoughts on either a prebuilt or a custom config with best of breed components?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.