Scythe e-OTONASHI Fanless Mini PC Case

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Jordan

Scythe e-OTONASHI Fanless Mini PC Case

Post by Jordan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:43 am

A completely fanless case using heatlane technology. just a a quiet HD and your set. Takes all the fun out of it obviously:

http://hi-techreviews.com/modules.php?n ... le=article

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:37 am

Already reviewed by SPCR earlier this year.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:51 am

:oops: woa hehe, didn't realise.

ist.martin

Re: Scythe e-OTONASHI Fanless Mini PC Case

Post by ist.martin » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:06 am

Jordan wrote: just a a quiet HD and your set.
I have a SiliconTech 800MB IDE 2.5" Flash Drive in mine. NO moving parts at all, and 0 dB. Truly SILENT.

It works superbly as a dead silent all-day web-browsing/email machine. The 800 MB drive has enough room for 98 SE, the latest IE + common plugins and Outlook Express.

Think of how often your system is used strictly for web browsing and email? I think everyone should have one of these in their house :)

I am very impressed with the Scythe case. I cannot help but think they MUST make one for low-power centrinos (once the cheap desktop mb's come out for them) - so that 0 dB will be available with modern computing power levels. Although for just web/email - the VIA M10000 is sufficient.

Kudos to Mike for his original review of the Scythe and helping to publicize it.