VIA EPIA-N8000

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ChucuSCAD
Patron of SPCR

VIA EPIA-N8000

Post by ChucuSCAD » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:53 pm

Hadn't seen this around on the forums and just stumbled across it elsewhere and thought I should share...

Via's tiny "nano-ITX" board a whole 12cmx12cm

The system is based around a Nehemiah 800MHz CPU, and uses DDR400 laptop memory. It has video out and VGA out, as well as AC97 audio, an ATA133 port and a SATA port.

http://nano-itx.com/

And who says size matters?

chucuSCAD

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:19 am

I'm already waiting for a year for this. And now the (most likely) ETA is early next year.

Just imagine, you can gut an ATX PSU and fit this inside.

EDIT:
I just found this. Suddenly I am not waiting anymore €375 is way too expensive. The first Epia boards went for €125 two years ago. That was a nice price for a novelty.

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:13 am

Well, the 375 euro is just the price if you order from that store today.
That would guarantee that you get something before anyone else, and that can often come with an expensive price-tag.
I would expect the Eden-N board to drop rapidly in price, but it might take to middle next year before it is widely available at a decent price.
I just love the fanless heatsink that they made for it. Is the heatsink included with the board?

Did you notice that VIA has also anounced a board with dual CPU's and they have announced a new 64-bit CPU. None of these items have a release date set.