New small FANLESS pre-built

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

shoebox9

New small FANLESS pre-built

Post by shoebox9 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi Folks,

I recently stumbled across this guy and was impressed by it's specs. Much smaller than a notebook (though not as thin) with a duo 2 core CPU. Apollogies if it's been disucussed before.

jessekopelman

Post by jessekopelman » Sat May 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Those are all parts (including the case) that can be obtained a la carte -- probably for less money than the finished price. So, the question becomes whether pre-built is a pro or a con for you . . .

theycallmebruce

Post by theycallmebruce » Sat May 31, 2008 10:24 pm

Got a link for that case Jesse? I'm definitely interested.

jessekopelman

Post by jessekopelman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 pm

theycallmebruce wrote:Got a link for that case Jesse? I'm definitely interested.
I was originally thinking of this, but I didn't realize it is not fanless (and it's slightly larger).

Is this one close enough? I know it's a little bigger . . .

There's also the HFX micro. Again, a bit larger, but some might say more stylish.

If you search for "fanless mini-itx" you will find others that are very good if you don't need an internal optical drive. There are also many fanned mini-itx cases where the fan can be run at (generally) inaudible speeds with the right motherboard.

Layla

Post by Layla » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 am

Has anyone got one of these "fanless mini-itx"?

I wonder if they overheat or if they work well..? would they work for graphics-intensive programmes too?