Anybody has a Myka ION?

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

corolar

Anybody has a Myka ION?

Post by corolar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 am

Hi,

I was wondering if the Myka Ion is really fanless.
If it is, what happens if the system is put under let's say 4 hours of watching full hd movies? Does is it crash (since it doesn't have a fan)

Thanks,

ilovejedd

Post by ilovejedd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Fanless, yeah. You don't advertise something as fanless and then ship out something with a fan to customers.

Whether or not it has sufficient cooling, I'm not sure. The case they used (Morex T3500) is listed on Intel's Mini-ITX chassis list as being compatible with the DQ45EK, DG45FC, and DG41MJ so I'm going to assume that means it's got decent cooling as far as Mini-ITX cases go. Possibly enough for a passively-cooled ION build assuming fairly cool ambient temps.

corolar

Post by corolar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 am

ilovejedd wrote:Fanless, yeah. You don't advertise something as fanless and then ship out something with a fan to customers.

Whether or not it has sufficient cooling, I'm not sure. The case they used (Morex T3500) is listed on Intel's Mini-ITX chassis list as being compatible with the DQ45EK, DG45FC, and DG41MJ so I'm going to assume that means it's got decent cooling as far as Mini-ITX cases go. Possibly enough for a passively-cooled ION build assuming fairly cool ambient temps.
Thanks for reply. So, you got one? Does is it have a fan? Can you post a picture with the Myka ION disassembled?

ilovejedd

Post by ilovejedd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

corolar wrote:Thanks for reply. So, you got one? Does is it have a fan? Can you post a picture with the Myka ION disassembled?
Nope, don't have one but someone else has posted a fanless set-up similar to the Myka ION on AVSForum.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st17539940

dperrella

Myka Ion

Post by dperrella » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am

It's really fanless, but it's not really for sale. I think the company would really like to sell the product, but they have no estimate on an actual ship date. Buy the same components and build your own if you want something like that.