reviving an old system

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

colm

reviving an old system

Post by colm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 am

I was rummaging through stuff and..
I found my 2800mhz prescott
an intel mobo 865 matx GLC onboard graphic (ht 800)
an ebay search found an old case I thought was extinct, a case that surprised the heck out of me when I had it,
does anyone remember this case? a casetronic c4117. All aluminum!

I had a 533mhz p4 in my first one. It ran cooler in this case that a full tower with large fans. It was fool proof enough to let my brother use it.
:lol:
I am going to build another one, but with a prescott, a rackmount type heatsink (except it is for 478) , and the ugly outdone floppy bay gets another hard drive. I like the prescott, dual channeled, hyper threaded, and twin HDD (classic ide)...and one full size writer fits. (Specifically a memorex.)

2 fans, the whole system....and it really runs nice with that aluminum tightly around it. The oe power suplly fan is not good, but found a replacement. The case is tough enough to hold up a mv700 compaq CRT weighing in at...heavy.
this will be a few weeks in the making, will update this thread. I just can't seem to let go of the porescotts, I truly like them. This case would have the smallest one (the 2.8e is the baby prescott), and of course the goal is simply browsing and ability of HD size on the net streaming. (Meeting that goal, all ther web stuff is a cinch.)

anybody still run one of these?