Dell Zino HD (Mac Mini alternative)

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ilovejedd

Post by ilovejedd » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Koolpc wrote:4th Post but in which section? Can't find it.
I meant 4th post in this thread. For the specific post on the AVS Forum thread, this is the latest (post #1618) I've seen although I believe there are a couple others in that thread.

quietpchunter

build quality issues

Post by quietpchunter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi, have any of you had any more experience with the zino hd? It looks like it could be quite good for me if it is nice and quiet (doesn't have to be silent, but very quiet).

However other posters on another spcr thread have mentioned build quality issues

But I'm not allowed to link to it as this is my first post! :)

It sounds very annoying. I guess as long as Dell agree to take it back and send you a properly built machine it will be ok.

There don't seem to be many other options for me over here in the UK. Asus ee box thingies are too low power, I can't afford a mac mini and building a pc is definitely beyond me. Most I can do there is put in RAM (woo!) and once just about managed to put a case fan in too. But it was hard work. Anyway, sorry for waffling, just wondered if anyone had any more recent knowledge of this dell.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Referring to this thread?

I stopped tracking the Zino shortly after. Don't know if they solved their build issues.

quietpchunter

Post by quietpchunter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 pm

That's right thanks. looks to be a good machine if they have got them sorted.