Acer Aspire Revo R3610

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nicko

Acer Aspire Revo R3610

Post by nicko » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:19 am

Hi,

I'm searching for a new computer for my sister. I decided to go with Atom 330 + Ion.

So, I found Acer Aspire Revo R3610 (http://tinyurl.com/acerr3610)

It seems it has everything that I need, but only thing that I don't know about it is noise. So if anyone know something about noise it produces, do tell :)

Thx!

alphabetbackward

Post by alphabetbackward » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:51 am

I have the R1600 which is the single core version and at default settings, it runs the fan at 30% (or 3000 RPM I think) according to Speedfan. Unfortunately, I bought this because I volunteer at a lab and I can't use the passworded PC's so there's way too much background noise to drown out any noise by the Acer.

If I recall correctly, when I was uninstalling all the crapware at home, it made a hum; no doubt it was from the blower fan and I think the hard drive so it is definitely audible. Considering it will probably be on the desk, you're most likely going to hear it.

Also, I was able to control the speed using Speedfan and it is possible to disable the fan but I wouldn't considering the temperatures were quite high to begin with.

nicko

Post by nicko » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:42 am

Thx for the info!

I believe I'll go with the Dell Zino HD then...

Thank you one more time!