Compact, 100% silent brand PC?

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Abula

Re: Compact, 100% silent brand PC?

Post by Abula » Thu May 19, 2011 6:29 am

ces wrote:
andymcca wrote:ces, I saw in another thread that you ordered one of the Kozutis, but may not have used it yet. Do you have any impressions on noise/thermals?

abula, does Amazon ship to Guatemala? Do they have a spanish language storefront? IIRC, newegg is only USA and Canada?
I have not used the Kozutis yet. I may save it for Ivy Bridge. Newegg sells into China.... But Guatemala is probably too small a market for them. Though you should ask them. See what they say.
I have tried multiple times to buy from newegg, and the problem is they dont take international credit cards, i use a USA based freight forward company so newegg only has to take the card and ship it inside the us, but they don't care about international orders and block anything that isn't US based. For a long time i have been buying in other places like zipzoomfly, allstarshop, mwave, etc, but in recent years Amazon has stock almost everything in PCs, and with 3rd party sellers and paypal i don't need newegg anymore, there are still special cases like i want make a server with Fractal Design R3, and only see it on newegg, but i think in time other sellers might stock it or even amazon, so ill wait.

I still have ways to buy from newegg, like my freight forward company is USA based and seeing how people couldn't buy from certain places they applied for creditcard in the US, so if i need something i just go to them (here in guatemala) give them a link of the product, and pay upfront + fee for using their service, this i do use in case something is urgent, but as i said, Amazon has been great to me, specially having Prime all gets to me in less than a week, also with Paypal accepting Guatemalan based Credit cards, this open a lot my options, i now can buy easily from most of the boutique kinda cooling places, like fronzencpu, performancepc, etc. So atm i can buy almost anything regarding PCs, still i would love to see newegg change their policy toward none US based creditcards, as they have good prices, and a lot of times get the products first, but my options are much wider this days to care.
ces wrote:I see that it is available on newegg for $134.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819116394
Intel Core i3 Processor i3-2100T 2.50 GHz LGA1155 CPU BX80623I32100T

Same price, better shipping, 30day return policy, i even had gotten refunds without returning products (was a hazard material to fly back), to me Amazon is my favorite online store.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri May 20, 2011 3:06 pm

ces wrote:Do you know how high the stock Sandy Bridge cooler is. I read one place that it is only 20mm high... but I wonder if that was an error...
Ok here is a picture, light isnt that good, i can take another tomorrow if you wish or if you prefer a certain angle or whatever you want (just let me know).

Image Image

Im starting to assemble the mITX setup :), will post some pics tomorrow.

leem

Post by leem » Sat May 21, 2011 1:03 am

@ Abula, so just to confirm, you think the one on the right is the stock Sandybridge cooler?

And still not sure, does the Scythe Kozuti fit in the M350 Mini-ITX case?

cheers :)

ces

Post by ces » Sat May 21, 2011 4:15 am

leem wrote:@ Abula, so just to confirm, you think the one on the right is the stock Sandybridge cooler?
The one on the right belongs to the 2100T. Probably the one on the left belongs to a 2100. It isn't clear what the 2600K comes with.

ces

Post by ces » Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 am

leem wrote:And still not sure, does the Scythe Kozuti fit in the M350 Mini-ITX case?
It seems likely but.... We still don't know. We need someone to get the case and measure it.

Abula

Post by Abula » Sat May 21, 2011 4:41 am

ces wrote:
leem wrote:@ Abula, so just to confirm, you think the one on the right is the stock Sandybridge cooler?
The one on the right belongs to the 2100T. Probably the one on the left belongs to a 2100. It isn't clear what the 2600K comes with.
I think intel only has 2 on sandy bridge (no extreme edition yet), here is a couple of unboxing of the 2600K not a guarantee its the same as the one on the left, but seems so.

Intel Core i7 2600K LGA1155 CPU Processor Unboxing Linus Tech Tips
intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600k unboxing
And still not sure, does the Scythe Kozuti fit in the M350 Mini-ITX case?
Cant say 100% as i dont own the case, but my guess is it does based on height of the kouzuti and the pictures, but we will never know for sure until someone really tries it. Personally i would have loved to go with the M350 + Kouzuti, but i need a mechanical drive for my intended use (lots of writes), so the case doesn't allow me that with it (it might allow it with the 2100T cooler since its so low profile, but i didn't knew that back then :) )

BTW, not that easy to work on the Q08, although its not super small, installing things like rubber grommets for the fans is hard (specially the top one).

wayner
Friend of SPCR

Post by wayner » Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

It doesn't appear to be out yet but what about the HDPlex H3.S for this application - totally silent as the whole aluminum case is used as the heatsink. I believe the PS is also fanless - throw in an SSD and you have a 100% silent PC.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Fri May 27, 2011 3:01 pm

wayner wrote:It doesn't appear to be out yet but what about the HDPlex H3.S for this application - totally silent as the whole aluminum case is used as the heatsink. I believe the PS is also fanless - throw in an SSD and you have a 100% silent PC.
:!:

wayner
Friend of SPCR

Post by wayner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Did anyone ever figure out if the Kozuti fits inside the M350 case? The question is posed several times in the thread but I never see an answer.

Scrooge

Post by Scrooge » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:59 pm

wayner wrote:Did anyone ever figure out if the Kozuti fits inside the M350 case? The question is posed several times in the thread but I never see an answer.
The M350 is 62mm tall. The Kozuti is 40mm tall. Both sides of the case, the standoffs, motherboard, and CPU are likely in excess of 22mm, so I doubt it will work. I don't know, though.

azzoti

Post by azzoti » Tue May 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Yes, it fits, just with 3 or 4 mm clearance without the bracing bracket which you don't need as the case is still very sturdy without it. Using Intel DH61AG Mini-ITX mobo.