Need some suggestions

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DraGoNsLaYeR

Need some suggestions

Post by DraGoNsLaYeR » Tue May 25, 2004 4:05 pm

I want to start water cooling my system. I think I want to start off with something simple but expandable. I want to start with only liquid cooling my cpu with something quiet and hopefully something I can overclock my 3.2ghz with. And hopefully because it will be a basic beginning it will be kind of inexpensive, but reliable and expandable with additional blocks for GPU, and chipset, and probably HDs soon one step at a time. It seems Eheim is the way to go for the pump, but what about the other components and also which model of Eheim? What do you guys recommend?

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu May 27, 2004 7:46 pm

the eheim 1048 should do you fine. it'll easily handle a large radiator + cpu + gpu block. nb blocks aren't needed and an hdd block is hardly restrictive at all.

as for the waterblock, see what you have available to you and post them here, it'll make it easier to recommend one.

JSealy00

Post by JSealy00 » Thu May 27, 2004 8:27 pm

I would also suggest the Eheim 1048. I am using it and I love it-it provides great flow rate and is very quiet. Also, it is a strong enough pump for future expansion to GPU and chipset cooling-right now I am cooling my GPU and CPU with it, and I have an huge case (the 1048 pumps the water up about 20''....)

As for a waterblock, I've always been partial to danger den's blocks (www.dangerden.com) Heck, if you go with the second newest model, the Maze 4, it's on sale for about $35 now..

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/blocks/maze4.asp

Hope this helps.