Dual Radiators

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TheDarkHacker

Dual Radiators

Post by TheDarkHacker » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:51 pm

So I decided to go with the Silverstone SST-TJ03 Case for my watercooling system. I have one more questions though. Is it worth the extra money to get dual radiators. The one I know i am going to have is the Danger Den Black Ice MicroII (Dual 80mm) radiator but I also have plans to dremel the top 80mm blow hole to a 120mm hole and add a Danger Den Black Ice 120mm Xtreme. What kind of performance differences would I notice. Here is a list of the components I will be putting in my system.

CPU Block: Danger Den 1/2in RBX
GPU Block: Danger Den 1/2in Maze 4 Grahics Block
NB Block: Danger Den 1/2 Maze 4 Chipset Block
Pump: Swiftech MCP 600
Reservoir: Dual 3 1/2 Bay Reservoir
Radiator: Danger Den Black Ice MicroII (Dual 80mm) maybe a Danger Den Black Ice 120mm Xtreme too
1/2in Tygon Tubing
Water Additive: Zerex Racing Super Coolant From Danger Den

caxis0

Post by caxis0 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:02 pm

I'm doing the same thing, a 120 in the top and a dual 80 up front. I don't know how this is going to work out, but I'll be glad to tell you around the end of September when I actually finish building it (money is slow... parts are slow... slow slow slow)

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:55 am

looking good there, TheDarkHacker.

off-topic question: have you considered the tdx as a cpu block? i know it looks like a toilet seat but apparently it performs very well :)

adding another radiator should be fine. you have more than enough pumping power in that mcp600 so you shouldn't have any problems. it'll make routing the tubing a little more of a job though cos it'll obviously require you to have tubing going up to the top and back down.

just remember to take pics and post them here :)