Adding NB waterblock on my Aquarius

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ultimo

Adding NB waterblock on my Aquarius

Post by Ultimo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:47 am

Hey people,I just bought TT Aquarius II and i want to add one more waterblock for my NorthBridge.Well i want to add one tube on my Pump-Wb(on CPU)tube where is running frash water,and one to the tube Wb(on CPU)-radiator tube where is running warm water.

Is it ok to to put this on that way.

If u have any sugestions please tell me and i will be glad to hear them.

What WB a can put on my NB.

P.S Sorry on my English.I`am from SERBIA

chylld

Post by chylld » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Welcome to SPCR, Ultimo!

a few things to point out.

adding an nb block into your system like that is what is called "in parallel". this poses a number of complications (not necessarily problems, but complications nonetheless) with respect to flow rate and pressure drop and performance etc. it is advised to run things in series to avoid any nasty problems.

also, i think you'll find that the water going into your cpu waterblock will be pretty much at the same temperature as the water coming out of it. the flow rates of modern systems (probably also your ttaq2) are high enough that the temperature difference between the coldest and hottest parts of the loop is next to 0. so don't worry about the order or what is getting fresh coolant and what isn't.

as for what WB, i think the asetek nb block would suit you well as it uses the same (i think) tubing size as your ttaq2 system. also it's relatively cheap and it does the job well.

Ultimo

Post by Ultimo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:25 am

Ok,tnx for advisinig.I`ll now put them into serilal order but am I going to put NB first because it is coolder than the CPU.But is it going to be enough my pump or i must put stronger?
And can i later put in my ttaq2 GPU block?

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:46 am

don't pump water to the nb first just because you think the water is going to be colder. it's not. the only thing you need to be concerned with is how elegant the tubing is. if going to the cpu first results in shorter, less-sharp tubing then you should go with that.

you can add a gpu block later, yes, although at that point you might want to consider upgrading your pump as the one you have isn't terribly fantastic iirc.

Ultimo

Post by Ultimo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:13 am

Can u tell me how i can upgrade my ttaq2.Everything that is on your mind tell me.I want to put some biiiiger radiator and put him on the right side of my case.

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:21 am

to be honest, i would simply get a whole new system. i know this sounds a bit rude, but there are so many restrictions in the aq2 (and aq3, which is simply a repackaged aq2) that mean you have to upgrade pretty much everything.

the radiator for one is too small, and the pump is extremely weak at 1.5LPM (litres per minute) so even if you did get a bigger radiator, your pump would have trouble pumping water through it fast enough.

Ultimo

Post by Ultimo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:25 am

Ok tell me what i can get now,but not too expenncive(i need money for sumer).Tell me everything.And i both ttaq2 for 90€ just two days before.

Ultimo

Post by Ultimo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:27 am

An tell me prices

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:28 am

well in case you haven't read it yet, have a look through this guide to watercooling to see if it can answer any of your questions.

if you have just bought your ttaq2 system i suggest you try to get used to it for a while before splashing out an an all-new system. watercooling will sap money from your wallet quicker than you think, you don't want to end up in a spending spiral. believe me, i've been there.

jpsa

Post by jpsa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:46 pm

Use the WB that came with the aquarius for the nb and buy a better one for the cpu...