Heres what ive gone for

GPU Block : Maze 4 Uni-GPU Block Black
Reservoir : Criticool Waterplant 6"
Pump : Eheim 1250
Radiator : ThermoChill HE120.2
Tubing : 20ft DangerDen Clearflex Tubing
Additive : Purple Ice
Compound - Arctic Silver 5

I know i don't have a CPU block, but struggling to find an LGA block in the uk, will add as soon as i can.

2 questions i probabley should of sorted before i ordered lol.

Will the amount of tubing I use have any real effect on performance? (not to bothered about overclocking or extreme low temps).
I have a few options on where to mount pump, rad etc, atm the room next to me is looking good.

Also what do i acctually fill it with? I seem to remember distilled water being good, and i can get hands on loads of this as i do A-level chemistry.

Cheers Dan

sloesoft

Re: just ordered setup - help with some daft questions pleas

Post by sloesoft » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Oh and one other thing - the main reason i'm doing this is for silence.
I'm mounting the 1250 externally so got plenlty of room to dampen it, just any tips on the best way to do it?
Was thinking of hanging it from elastic, unless theres a better way.

ferdb

Post by ferdb » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:53 am

If you are talking about the amount of tubing you need to hook everything up in a case, then no it makes little difference. I put an extra 7 foot piece of 3/8" ID in my system and it reduced water flow by only about 10%, made no discernable difference in temps. If you want to run hose to another room, that's a different matter. If you want to use a lot of tubing get a pump with high head pressure. Not personally familiar with silencing an Eheim 1250. I know some people put their pumps on a block of foam so it doesn't couple the vibrations to anything. Elastic suspension would work also. I like the Swiftech MCW6000 for a CPU block. Very good performance even at low water flow rates, and reasonably priced.

a good source of info is
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9