How long are the screws on the kingwin cooling system?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

unzapato8

How long are the screws on the kingwin cooling system?

Post by unzapato8 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:22 pm

I saw somebody do a nice looking mod on a Shuttle SN95G5 system using the Kingwin AWC-1 arctic liuid cooler system...

eliminates the damn noise of a geforce 6800GT so I can place the system on my desk

But does anyone know how long the screws are on the GPU waterblock in this kingwin system?

I ask because right next to it I need to squeeze in a sound card....

Are there any GPU blocks for the 6800GT that allow me to squeeze another PCI card right next to it in the shuttle case?

Straker

Post by Straker » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:55 pm

kits are generally a good way to spend $100-300 for what spending a quarter as much on air cooling could get you. :P not sure if it would fit but if you're just lazy but willing to spend money, check the measurements on the vga block that comes with the Reserator. i'd expect that block would fit, since it's basically a piece of pipe with barbs on it. should be easy to find measurements for the Swiftech MCW-50 and DD Maze4 too, those are like the two best combinations of availability/price/performance in VGA blocks.
check gallery subforums on other wc/oc forums too, seen a fair number of water cooled sff cases