It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Cape Cora's being dumped?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:46 am
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am
Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?
I've been trying to buy 3 black 642's for the last week and couldn't find them anywhere. This is the email that I got from Alphacool when I queried them directly.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Are they being replaced with something else? Are they dumping the product line entirely?

Cheers,
Dean

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hello,

sorry the Cape Cora 642 is not more in our sortment.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards,

D. Seefeldt

alphacool GmbH | Marienberger Str.1 | 38122 Braunschweig | Germany
Tel: +49 (0)531 - 288 74 0 | Fax: +49 (0)531 - 288 74 22

--------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Dean Collins <dean@cognation.net>
An: info@alphacool.de <info@alphacool.de>
Betreff: Alphacool GmbH - Kontakt-Formular
Datum: 23/01/07 05:26

> I cant find black Cape Cora 642 anywhere (including your website).
>
> Whats the deal?
>
> Please email me if you have 3 black 642's you can sell me.
>
> Dean@Cognation.net

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:13 pm
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada
Hi there, i find some for you and they're cheap. 59$ us for a 642

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5179/ex-rad-102/Alphacool_Cape_CORA_642_Convect_Maxi_Silver_14901.html

I decided to buy 2 of these even tough i don't have a wc rig yet. (i've had a ninja in his box for nearly 3 months... uni uni uni....)

I really hope they don't come out with a 1/2in version or something like that, anyway even if they do that, this rad will still be an effective solution for those seeking passive and silent cooling.

We a total of 12 tubes, i will be enough for my needs and even tough i can build a slient air cooled pc for much less money and time let alone problems, i believe the idea is nice.

After all, Porsche went to watercooled engines...ahah jk

Francois

Top
 Profile

 Post subject: black
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:47 pm
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am
hi,
thanks for the post, i dont really read this site anymore due to the lack of traffic, check out http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/for ... y.php?f=10 as a lot more liquid information there.

Unfortunately I was only after black.

Since then a lot has changed however, I ordered direct from germany as no one in the USA was carrying them in black as they had stopped production.

Alphacool decided to get another set of black units ordered since then so they should be available USA retail again in a few months.

I've already received my delivery, first thoughts....both good and bad-happy with the product but also a few changes I would make.

I'll be posting info as the project unfolds at xtremesystems.

Cheers,
Dean

Top
 Profile

 Post subject: Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:28 pm
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
dean.collins wrote:
Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?

I have assumed that they are actually rebranded Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matics: http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/assets/ ... ovatek.de/

So searching with that name might shed some light..

Top
 Profile

 Post subject: Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
zds wrote:
dean.collins wrote:
Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?

I have assumed that they are actually rebranded Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matics: http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/assets/ ... ovatek.de/

So searching with that name might shed some light..

nope, they're different. Innovateks are a single piece, Alphacools are a whole bunch of separate pieces that can be clipped together, then connected by tubing in either parallel or serial fashion. All the fins on the Innovateks are completely open to ambient air, Alphacools have four pairs of fins "closed" along their height with an open fin between each pair.

Top
 Profile

 Post subject: alphacool better
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:43 am
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am
the other problem with the innovateks is they are sealed.

no way to break them down to clean them out etc (though having said that considering how big a pin in the butt the alphacools were to put together might be the way to go (joking i'd still go for alphacool cape coras but not easy to put together).

Dean

Top
 Profile

 Post subject: Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 pm
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
YugenM wrote:
nope, they're different. Innovateks are a single piece, Alphacools are a whole bunch of separate pieces that can be clipped together

Ah. Thanks for correcting me :-).

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 am
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:30 am
Location: Beds, UK
You can also get a wide fan thing for the innovatek if u need non-passive at times, not sure how easy that is for the cape cora

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
My Folds

Top
 Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]