It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Hydor L25 - No flow
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:56 pm 

Ok, so I just purchased a new Hydor L25. It looks nice but doesn't want to pump. :cry: I know it works because I submerged it in water and it pumps water well, but the problem is that I have it attached in my case and it is not submerged. This is how it looks.

Reserator 2 (without pump)>pump>cpu>gpu>Res 2

When I plug it in, it pushes water about halfway up the tube to the gpu block, but doesn't go any higher. I have tested the pump in several different areas of the tube (between the gpu and res 2 and the way you see it above) and neither way seems to help.

I used the 3/8" tubing that came with the reserator 2 and I bought two pvc fittings for that size tubing for the pump. Could that smaller diameter inlet and outlet be what is causing problems? If not, what could I do to get it fixed?

Something else I should add, is I dont think that the problem is there is air in the tubes. When the reserator 2 had the stock eheim on it, it pushed fluid through the tubes no problem.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:38 pm 

I fixed the problem. It looked like all I needed was some thread seal tape to completely seal the fittings on the pump and stop leaks. This increased pump pressure and now the system runs great!