What do you reccomend for the akasa eclipse?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zombunny

What do you reccomend for the akasa eclipse?

Post by zombunny » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 am

I'm looking to water cool my new system and was thinking you guys would know what to use, as it is a big case I'm thinking that I could fit it all inside or could go with one of those zalman external jobs, any help would be great, cheers.

laguz1

Post by laguz1 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:24 pm

well, first off...what are your specs? a watercooling setup can vary quite a lot depending especially on your setup...

generally, the Zalman WC setups are a bit "weak" but can work well if you plan on WC'ing a HTPC setup that doesn't generate a lot of heat...otherwise, the Zalman pumps and passive radiators just don't cut it for many mid-high end users.

but for some generic advice: (this can most likely fit in your case)

CPU block: D-Tek FuZion
GPU block: Swiftech MCW60
pump: Swiftech MCP655
reservoir (if you opt for one instead of T-Line): Swiftech microRes
radiator (depends a lot here based on performance and budget): high end - Thermochill PA120.2 ----- low/mid end: Black Ice Stealth 240
tubing: Tygon or ClearFlex > 3/8" for mid performance, 1/2" or 7/16" high end
additives: varies a lot, but i like Zerex

only the position of the rad may be hard to find, but if you are willing to mod your case, you can drill out 2x120 area above the Optical bays and infront of the PSU. Or you can hang it out back w/ a Swiftech RadBox for external mounting...

otherwise than that, first tell us your specs and budget

zombunny

Post by zombunny » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:55 am

would it not be possible to just add two pa120.1 a one to the front intake the other to the rear outtake?