Help With Draining Reserator XT

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ExiT

Help With Draining Reserator XT

Post by ExiT » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello,

I am looking for an advice on the easiest way to completely drain the Reserator XT.

I'll be replacing the fluid with Feser One (UV Blue) and want to avoid doing it the hard way.

I am new to watercooling and the only way I see it happening would be to,

-Tilt the reserator to empty the reservoir on top.
-Removing the CPU tubing carefully to empty coolant within.
-Tilt the Reserator backwards by holding the white quick-disconnect fittings open and shaking it until all the internal tubings are emptied.

The only other scenario I see would be to remove the quick-disconnect fitting on the 'IN' tubing end, then turning it on and let the pump do all the work.

I've searched countless forums and reviews but with no progress. Even the Zalman manual does not mention any details on draining it.

Your help is appreciated!

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:06 am

I don't know if I would worry about getting all of the fluid drained. I would just dump whatever you can out of the tank, then refill it with your new fluid. Whatever is left inside the tubing within the system will just be diluted by all of the new fluid and won't really have an impact on anything.

On my personal WC systems when I want to exchange the fluid I usually drain the reservior, then refill the system with plain distilled water, run it for a few minutes, dump the contents again, and then refill with the final Di+anticorrosive mix.