It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help me to chose a silent pump, please...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:06 pm 

Hi, I'm designing my first watercooled pc, and I'm having serious troubles to know which pumps would be silent enough for me... the fact that I've never heard a running pump is not exactly helping :lol:

I've read several posts here and there, but I still need some more info... pumps like Laing DDC1/3.1, Eheim 1046/1048, or DD CPX-1 / D-Tek DB1 seem to be the most silent ones, but aside the DDC, they seem a bit weak also.

So, if I want to mount the watercooling inside a CM Cosmos, with 4-5 silent fans (let's say Nexus or Yate Loon) automatically regulated, could I hear a running DDC1/3.1 with the Alphacool top (and decoupled to isolate vibrations) when idle (fans at low rpm)? If so, what pump can I use that don't get ruined an otherwise more or less silent computer? I don't want to clearly hear the pump running when everything else stays quiet (idle mainly)...

Ahm, and have any of you used a Hydor L20/L30? If so, how quiet are they? They seem to have a great specs/price relation, but I don't know how are they noisewise...

Lots of thanks, and excuse my english if it's not perfect, it's not my native language but I do my best :wink: