The little plastic joint on my Reserator broke!

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

guises

The little plastic joint on my Reserator broke!

Post by guises » Sun May 04, 2008 7:02 am

So last week I discover that my Reserator 1 has sprung a slow leak at the base of the unit. I decide not to deal with it for the moment, put a towel down, and go about my buisiness.

I fiddle with it again today, thinking that maybe I could just tighten the nut slightly and see if that helped. I apply a very modest amount of pressure and the whole thing just snaps off.

I don't know what to do with this now, I need a new base for the reservoir. Is there anywhere I can buy that?

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sun May 04, 2008 11:58 pm

call zalman number one,

then call Sharkacomputers.com

they have all parts for zalman series things. i use them all the time.

guises

Post by guises » Mon May 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Here I was just coming to say that I had solved my problem and I get some helpful advice. Thank you, I'll keep them in mind for next time (there will be a next time, there always is).

As it turns out, the plastic piece that I thought that I had catastrophically broken off was easily replaceable. Just needed a hammer and screwdriver to pry out the remains, then went down to Canadian Tire and picked up a brass 3/8" replacement.

Now I know, using a brass piece is going to screw up my aluminum reserator. But it's not like the thing's an heirloom. If it leaks I'll just sodder it into place. At the moment, everything is humming along splendidly.