It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Reserator 2 & Other options
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:38 pm 

Hey, I'm just starting to get into water cooling.

My first priority is quieting my computer. Also, I figure these things are somewhat re-usable. Silent PSUs are exspensive. I once bought and Antec True Blue PSU, I think it was called. It was $80-$100 if I remember right, not that silent, and now it's obsolete, and I usually can't fix a PSU myself. Also, I use a bunch of case fans, which also make noise and more expensive if I want them to be silent.

I'm about to head out to a Microcenter and see what they have. I've seen kits there as well as individual parts. They have the Reserator 2 for $229. I'm going to see what else they have. I'm based in NYC and don't know of too many other stores. I could shop online, which I do, but for this I kind of want to see what it looks like up close.

I can handle some DIY, but I'm not about to go try to fit a car's heatercore to tubes.

I'll be using a E8400 processor, 9800 GT video card. My current setup has a 1650 Pro video card which sometimes overheats, which is annoying.

Any suggestions, within that price range? I'm not willing to pay more than $240 or so, and especially not that much if I have to put in 6+ hours of work.