Radiator Orientation?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jkaechler

Radiator Orientation?

Post by jkaechler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi all,
I am looking to watercool just the cpu (e6600 @3.2ghz) and will be using just a single 120mm radiator / heater core.
I have a BlackIce Extreme crossflow radiator already, but I think i will be switching to a heatercore instead. The problem I face with the heatercore is that the hose attachments stick way far out. If i mount it on the rear (120mm fan inside, 120mm fan carcass as a shroud outside the case, rad attached to that) on the back of my P180b, can I use the heater core with its input and output pipes at the bottom? would that make getting the air out harder? The inverted heatercore would make hose routing easier. The little BIX xflow has fittings where i could put a 90 degree fitting and then the hose barbs. much convenience. (spelling.....)

Also, is the little radiator good enough for just my CPU? I do already have it and I don't have a heatercore yet. Later on I plan to build a compartment in the desk I plan to build for a double or triple radiator and the associated airflow. then I can watercool everything and only have one fan in the case to vent!

Baby steps..... Thanks for any help / advice.