Zalman Reserator test

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

lekso

Zalman Reserator test

Post by lekso » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, all.

i've got a zalman reserator xt, condition unknown, just the black box, and would like to test it somehow. could anyone give me an idea where can i get an appropriate powercord and tubes so that i could test the device. also, what in fact do i need in order to test it without connecting it to the pc? many thanks. sorry for this question, i just have never dealt with water cooling systems.

lekso

Post by lekso » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Noone really knows where to get a power cord? please

tehcrazybob
Friend of SPCR

Post by tehcrazybob » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:51 pm

The tubing should be available anywhere that sells water cooling supplies. I've had friends use www.frozencpu.com in the past, and been very happy with the service; you're looking for tubes with a 10-14mm outside diameter and 8-11mm inside diameter (with a 1-2mm wall thickness).

The power cord is going to be a lot trickier, though, because it looks like a custom job. I just love it when companies do something like that, because your choices are to contact Zalman for a replacement or get really lucky at some online shop. If that doesn't work, you could try to find the appropriate connector and make your own cord, and if all else fails you can convert the plug to something more readily available (barrel plug if it's low-voltage DC, IEC socket if it's mains-powered).