Innovatek Connector Types: CONFUSED (1/4"G vs 1/4"

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

toxicfrog

Innovatek Connector Types: CONFUSED (1/4"G vs 1/4"

Post by toxicfrog » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Hello,
I'm confused. I recently purchased a Innovatek 775 G-Flow water block and I'm in the process of getting an Innovatek HPSS+ pump. I need some help with figuring out the type of compression connectors and tubing required.

So the G-Flow block lists:
The G-Flow ships with two straight connect compression fittings. Threaded for G1/4" the fittings are designed for 8mm ID / 10mm OD tubing. This approximately matches 1/4" tubing and is of course a perfect match for the Innovatek 1/4" (8mm) tubing.

On the other hand, the HPSS pump lists:
The innovatek and Eheim fittings are 8mm OD, 6mm ID with G1/4 (British Standard) threads.

Does this mean that all innovatek fittings are 6mm ID/8mm OD, and this means they accept 8mm ID/ 10mm OD tubing?

Additionally, some EU distributor site lists these types of connectors as the standards for Innovatek stuff:
Straight 1/4"M to 8 x 1

which I assume is the compression plugs used in the Innovatek water blocks, radiators, etc. Is that synonymous with this fitting Innovatek 1/4" Screw-In type fitting with soft seal for 8x1 of hoses:
Why is one thread listed 1/4G and the other 1/4M?

And what's an 8x1 hose, is that 8mm ID/10mm OD tube?

Thanks, hope my misunderstanding makes sense. :?:

Audiodude

Post by Audiodude » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm

8x1 means 8mm inner diameter and 1mm Wall thickness, wich results in 10mm outer diameter.

All Innovatek Stuff and all (european) plumbing stuff (fittings) is Imperial and not metric!

So you are right these measurements should all be 1/4".

By the way, isn't innovatek very expensive in the U.S.?
Even here in Germany that stuff is way to expensive, so I would always recommend other blocks for better efficiency and value!

Greetz Audiodude