It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone built a silent Silverstone FT02 watercooled rig?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm 

I've seen a lot of photos of people installing triple 180mm radiators in them at the bottom, with another 120mm radiator on the exhaust fan. Then installing a Koolance RP-452X2 bay reservoir with dual pumps mounted on it in serial for reliability. It looks like they use the variable speed PMP-450 pumps. I don't know though, if this is a noisy setup in reality.

I want to be able to cool my video card, so it isn't so noisy under load. I don't intend to overclock anything, though my processor runs fairly hot because it's an 8 core 4ghz AMD. I can cool the processor silently with a good heatsink, but that doesn't stop the video card noise.

Right now I have a self contained water cooler, the corsair H60 on my processor. The pump on it makes no noise that I can detect. However, it seems if you install a modular water cooler setup, that introduces a much more noisy pump operation.

Is it possible to make this case fairly silent water cooling it, considering it fits such a large radiator at the bottom? Any experience with this?