Critique needed for my planned silence mod

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nuttybing

Critique needed for my planned silence mod

Post by nuttybing » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:40 am

Hello,
Firstly I would like to thank SPCR and its people for their advices and knowledge. Do advise me in my mod.

My current config is
AMD2500+
Abit NF7-S /w passive n/b
9800pro w/ Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
1 x WD800JB (will be changing soon)
1 x Seagate 10Gb
HEC 6AU6 casing (layout about the same as AcoustiCase 6607)
Current Rig

I have been planing out my mod since early this year, been through researching many cases. I wanted to have a change of casing, due to lousy colour blending in my room, need more roomy casing and planning to pass this case to my younger bro.

So far, I've found this casing, the LianLi 6077.
Review here http://www.atruereview.com/LianLi6077/case2.php

Pro's: sleek style, no bling bling, 5.25" slots for all (for suspending hdds), removal mobo tray
Con's: only 80mm intake & exhaust, aluminium

Proposed Mods.
1) I've will be dampening my casing, therefore the alu won't be bothering me much.
2) Remove the 3.5" bay and suspend the HDD with a duct around it + 120mm fan. Considering a 120mm evercool alu fan or Papst?
3) Ducting an Alpha 8045 to the exhaust Do I need 2 fans or just 1 will do?
4) Thinking of adding a psu duct, or should I just leave that top blowhole to exhaust.
5) As there is another 80mm exhaust, should I add another fan or just seal it up?
6) I'll be getting Panaflos 80mm, but I would like to know has anyone tried used the evercool 80mm alu before?

The images below are just a representation of an NF7-S inside the 6077

Comments will be greatly appreciated! :D

nuttybing

Post by nuttybing » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:25 pm

Anyone? :(