1. The exhaust fan grill looks is exactly what you see in that link you provided. Yes, that's the case I have too.
Inwin cases are of solid construction, but not very well suited for quiet operation. In fact one might even argue that Inwin cases are not well suited for modern systems at all. Inwin has been around a long time and they used to make good products but then fell into a deep slumber on the innovation side. Lately there have been some signs of a waking up, but most of their products have not been updated.
From pictures of the S 508 I determine that it does not include the cpu duct in the side panel. This duct that they have included in some of their models is part of the 'waking up' I mentioned.
Still all is not lost, your case can be modded for better airflow.
There are several ways to achieve this:
- cut out the stamped fangrills (every inch counts)
- get rid of the plastic pci card rail in the front part of the case.
Most pci cards are so small you rarely need this anyway.
- determine if you can somehow increase the area of the plastic
fanfilter of the front panel. (atleast I assume it's a filter of sorts
from the images) Maybe replace the filter part entirely.
- put higher feet in the case and cut a hole in the bottom.
This is more difficult, but also an effective way of increasing
the intake area without making the changes very obvious to
2. The Vantec Stealth 80mm is definitely less noisy on the CPU than in the exhaust.
I guess the Vantec is better than average, but it's not known as a great fan. I can recommend the quiet models of Y.S. Tech if you can find them.
As to your temperatures. I have an old Palomino XP1800 and it runs at the following temps:
CPU idle ~51C
case is ~35C
room ambient ~23C
I have enough reserve (Fanmates) to drop the temperatures by
several degrees, but that would mean a more noise.