Advice on my new Quiet BQE combo & Getting 2,8v with MFC

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

akaidiot
Friend of SPCR

Advice on my new Quiet BQE combo & Getting 2,8v with MFC

Post by akaidiot » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:51 am

So I've got a BQE which I've removed the HD cage from and taped all the not used small openings on the front bezel. I'm building my new silent PC with the component below. What I'm planning to do is to build a "Bird-House" HD Cage to silence and cool my "whoosing" 7200.7's and have the Yate Loon fan at as low volt as possible, around 3v is the plan(more on that later..). That fan will point and blow somewhat cool air onto my graphics card which will exit air with the VGA silencer. And since this is the case(:wink:), a very low rpm 120mm fan beeing the only place for air to enter and a VGA silencer and a antec fan@lowest volt beeing exhaust. Wouldn't this result in a very negative pressured case? Woun't it start to press air in from sides of the bezel and such no filtered places..? Ideas?

About the Yate loon fan. I have a MFC1 fan controller, which if IIRC is just 4 fanmates put together and 2 switches. If I put 2 of the knobes on minimum wouldn't be just like 2 fanmates in series? 2fm1 in series reults in 3,6v, no? What if I connect 3 knobes, can I get lower then 3,6v then? Closer to 3v is my goal.

Showing of my MS Paint skills

Components:

Have:
AMD 2500+ 35W Mobile@moderate overclock
NF7-S 2.0
Twinmos-WB 512MB@422/2-2-2-11
SLK-800 L1A@~10V
Zalman MFC1 fan controller
2x 120GB 7200.7 IDE@SATARAID0
Seasonic SS400 with 80M1A
Antec 120mm case fan

Will get:
ATI X800XT with new AC VGA silencer(or my current ZM80A?)
2x Corsair PC3200 512MB rams(Anybody got for sale, BH-5 chip!)
Build a "Bird-House" HD Cage with a Yate Loon 120mm fan@~3v from old FSP350-60PN
Acoustipack Pre cut for BQE
PSU Duct with plastic or aluminum 90 degree tube