Help Me Get Styled!

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Which case for the Epia system?

GMC F-11
75%
Antec Aria
No votes
Travla C134
25%

Total votes: 8

wumpus
Patron of SPCR

Post by wumpus » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:58 am

I would say "Travla", but .. I built one of those up about a year ago, and it was by far the hardest build I've ever done. For one thing, you will need half-height DIMMs with the RAM chips "sideways"-- not an easy item to obtain. And you think SFF cases are cramped? OMG, try working on this thing.

The end result is gratifyingly small though, it is literally the size of a car stereo. Teeny weeny!

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:04 am

I voted for the GMC. With "door designs" you see the least details of things which make a computer a computer. That is a huge pro for most family members who don't like them really.

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:30 am

I'm going to have to go with the GMC. I WAS going to vote for the Aria, but the GMC has space for a floppy, which is good and comfortable for someone else. I think/suspect that there a lot of non-computer savvy users would be uncomfortable with a computer that didn't have a floppy drive.

As for the Travla, aside from the fact that sounds like it was inspired by the song from Gunther, it also looks like an EE Bench Multimeter/Function Generator. Not my idea of pretty and classy.